Friday 12 July 2013

Totally Deconstructed


Today you find me taking part in my first assigned challenge as a Master Forger.

 Challenge #2: Sketch Challenge

The sketch is #54 from Deconstucting Jen and is a great place to find tutorials and plenty of inspiration. 












I wasn't sure whether I wanted to create a card or a layout from this simple looking sketch but decided that, as I was at a crop, making a card would just be all wrong ;)


The resulting layout, I think, does (slightly) resemble the sketch in certain areas but I was always told to take inspiration and NOT copy (lucky really eh?)

Do you stick rigidly to a sketch challenge or do you go off on a tangent like me?

Link up to July's Mr Linky and let me see how you do yours....


6 comments:

  1. I love a sketch for inspiration, but rarely do I seem to stay to the original. I'm just cool like that =) I love what you did with this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - even better in real life. I'm still stitching mine :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnOther good 'un! Sketch = inspiration not blueprint so I am with you on this one! Jenx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout, :) Always love your scraplifts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I tend to either be completely literal or delightfully random, lol :~)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go off on tangents too! I love your rings of string, great page! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!