Wednesday 8 October 2014

Use It Up Day


It's not very often that I scrap with papers that I grab from the shelf 
as I've usually got a kit on the go 
but today I need a subtle look page and none of the kits I was working with were suitable.

I grabbed a Christmas paper from my shelf (OK I used the reverse) 
and some vellum and joined in with


I rotated the sketch for the purpose of my portrait photograph, embossed some vellum and drew around a side plate before adding a few embellishments to create a softer look.
I think it must have been Use It Up day as I finished off 3 small sheets of embellishments.


I also used my Tim Holtz die for the first time since buying it over on Crafty Sellers.



 The prompt I was following was to scrap somebody special and who better than
my parents as the subject.



10 comments:

  1. ah that's a gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and well done for using bits up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of gorgeous textures on this page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just playing catch up as per usual! great layouts and I really like this little lovely! jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This LO is very elegant. Love texture!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Studio Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE what you created with the sketch! An absolutely lovely layout - so soft with pretty pops of color!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That vellum looks stunning. Loving this layout

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely layout, love those muted colours.
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! love the mix of square and circular shape; espec the vellum circle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo! So much great texture here! Love that vellum circle! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me some love!